CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

"Renew the Spirit of Your Minds"

The more I think about all of the important decisions I have to make in life in the very near future, (in eternity's eye that is) I become much more aware that they are not my own but that of the Lord. This is something I have been putting a lot of thought into lately. Although this is something that as long as I have walked with the Lord been a reverberating truth, it is something that the Lord has been giving me new revelation about. For instance, take the verses in Ephesians 4 that discusses taking up the new self as follows: 


"Assuming that you have heard about him and were taught in him, as the truth is in Jesus, to put off your old self, which belongs to your former manner of life and is corrupt through deceitful desires, and to be renewed in the spirit of your minds, and to put on the new self, created after the likeness of God in true righteousness and holiness."

First and foremost look at the phrase 'spirit of your minds'. Intense isn't it? Now what if we as Christians all actually started living just this one tiny piece of the beautiful puzzle that is the life Christ as called us to? What if we just gave it more than a second's thought? What if were were a people who dwelt on this verse daily in the way in which we lived out our lives? Amazing. That's what I think it would look like. We would see a transformative capacity of Christ that is so often today seldom seen, as sad as that is to admit. This phase is loaded down with so much truth about how we are called to live our lives its just crazy awesome. I feel that this revelation I have been blessed with is one of the many keys to the kingdom lifestyle and how God intended us to live out our commission on this earth. The Lord has impressed upon me the great importance of truly understanding the depth of what He meant by these words. Being renewed in not just our minds but the spirit of our minds is such a beautiful call on our lives that we should embrace with all that we are. 
Now if we take the verse 'put on a new self' and pair it with renewing the spirit of our minds as originally intended putting on a new self will make all the world of difference! So often I feel like in my own life I try to 'wear my new self' yet somethings off kilter. And this is precisely what the Lord has revealed to me through the study of this verse. We can't just put on a new self. No no no. We must first make sure to renew the spirit of our minds and all that entails. Our thoughts reveal our hearts truest condition. That is why spoken word is so unbelievably valuable in that it can build up or break down. Truly, if we attempt to wrap our minds around this concept of putting on a 'new self' after renewing the spirit of our minds, not just trying to renew our minds in singular fashion. After doing so it will be that much easier to walk in the likeness of God that we were created to reflect. How breathtakingly beautiful is that? And once we take up the likeness of God we will then better be able to live lives of sincere holiness and righteousness
Now getting back to decisions. What is my point in all of this? Well here it is. 
What if we made every single decision on the Firm Foundation of a completely renewed spirit of our minds?! How incredible would that be?! This is something I feel that the Lord is teaching me recently, that every decision is more about having a 'renewed spirit of mind' that is at all times in check with a heart that is truly aligned with that of my Lord. I just love when the Lord blesses me with new revelation about himself. Our God is sooo Good! 

So next time you have a decision to make, try to think about it from an Ephesians 4 perspective and truly examine your spirit and assess the state of your spirit in regards to the 'spirit of your mind' and then make your decision, only after making sure your heart and mind are truly aligned with that of the Lord.  Please feel free to share any revelation the Lord gives you in regards to this! 

Love Love Love <3

0 comments: